Welcome to the Academic Success Resources page (hosted by the Advising Center)! Below you will find resources designed to equip you for success during your time as a student at DTS.
Logos Training Videos – Basic overview, Greek and Hebrew, etc. Check the Logos page to register for upcoming training sessions online or at a campus near you!
Technology Information and Instructions – This includes videos on how to use various video platforms professors may use (Zoom, LifeSize, WebEx), how to use Canvas, computer requirements, etc.
Greek and Hebrew Resources
- Some students make themselves available as tutors in various subjects (writing, editing, language, etc.) for a nominal fee by placing their names on the “Special Skills List” available through our Department of Student Life.
- A part-time editor is available to assist international students. Contact our International Student office for more information.
Writing Resources (RS101, RS102, RS103)
- How to Write an ST Doctrinal Synthesis Paper (PDF) – This documents provides information for new and seasoned students.
- Library Website – This website includes templates for Turabian, the DTS Supplement Guide, how to use Zotero, and more! There is also a 1-hour video walking students how to utilize the Template and create a footnote.
- Grammarly.com – This is a website where you can set-up a free account and upload your paper to check spelling and grammar. There is a Premium option with more features for an annual fee.
- Dr. Sandra Glahn, Associate Professor in Media Arts and Worship has outlined 10 tips for your writing project.
- “5 Steps to Writing Better Papers” was a seminar hosted on the Dallas campus with Dr. Sandra Glahn. Watch the video for step-by-step instructions proven to increase your writing ability:
- Outline and Transitions
- Review and Polish
- Writing Ethically/Q&A
- RS101 Orientation and Research Methods might be a required course for you. If so, complete it your first semester! If not, you might consider taking it (1 credit hour), so you can learn how to conduct research and properly format your DTS papers.
- RS 102/Thesis (ThM and STM) — Nine Things to Know about RS102/Thesis (PDF)
- RS 103 (MACL, MACS, MBTS) — Seven Things to Know about RS103 (PDF)
- The Library team has created a 50-minute video on “How to Create a Bible Chart in Excel for Beginners” in Canvas.
Online Studies Resources