Two-Step Graduation Process
The graduation process at DTS has two steps.
- Admission to Candidacy (semester before you graduate)—Students must be admitted to candidacy for their degree before their final term of study. Students must demonstrate (1) doctrinal agreement with the 7 core doctrines (2) exemplary Christian character (3) church involvement and (4) and meet the necessary academic requirements for their degree. (See, Student Handbook 1.25-26 for more information)
Admission to Candidacy Application
- Graduation and Commencement Ceremony Application—After your Admission to Candidacy is confirmed, you are ready to submit the Graduation and Commencement Ceremony application. This allows DTS to make all arrangements or accommodations related to graduation and send relevant communication to students participating in Commencement.Graduation and Commencement Ceremony Application
Upcoming Graduation Dates
Fall 2019 Graduates:
Spring 2020 Graduates:
Summer 2020 Graduates:
- February 1 – Admission to Candidacy application due (including all references)
- December 1, 2019 – March 1, 2020 – Graduation and Commencement Ceremony application (Commencement available only in spring)
- If a summer graduate plans to participate in Commencement, spring coursework is due by 4:30pm (Central) on April 24th
- If a summer graduate does not plan to participate in Commencement, he/she will follow the normal assigned due dates in the syllabus for the spring and summer semesters.
Note: Your admission to candidacy application is not complete until all personal references and church verifications have been received. If your application is not complete by the due dates above, your graduate date will be moved to a later session.
For additional information or assistance, please contact the Registrar’s Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (214) 887-5350