The Community Care Team is a volunteer group made up of men and women who live on-campus at DTS whose mission is to help foster opportunities for fellowship and belonging for residents of Campus Housing.
“My command is this: love each other as I have loved you.” John 15:12
Applications for Fall begin at the end of the spring semester. The fall Community Care Team is established in time to welcome new residents into the on-campus community during move-in season.
Applications for the Spring begin in late fall. The Spring semester Community Care Team has the option to continue serving the community through the summer months if they plan to be on-campus.
We would love for you to serve as a Community Care Team member for the entire year. However, sometimes student’s plans change mid-year, or we may discover serving the community in this capacity is not the best fit for you. Team members will be evaluated with the Apartment Manager at the end of each semester and together, we will determine next steps for you as a volunteer in the community.
1. Two (2) team meetings per term (Kick-off and Debrief)
2. One (1) one-on-one meeting per semester with Apartment Manager for encouragement, prayer, accountability, and/or mentorship.
3. Each member must submit a plan for use of funds within 30 days of start of term (for Fall and Spring); within 15 days of start of summer term for those who choose to continue serving through the summer.
4. An average of 5 hours per month should be allotted for Community Care Team members to spend pouring into their community (Note: you may elect to divide your time differently depending on what ideas you want to implement to build up the community).
5. Team members will keep building manager apprised of sicknesses, engagements, new babies, car accidents, etc. as appropriate.
6. Team members may be invited to participate as a voice for the community in focus groups on different topics and policies which would impact the community.
The Community Care Team is made up of people with a variety of personality types and giftings. We won’t put you in a box; your style of serving will likely be unique to you! But here are some ideas of things you might choose to do as a Community Care Team member:
We can’t wait to see you use your love for people in our community in your own unique ways!
There are several pretty sweet perks to serving on the Community Care Team. They include:
If you would like to apply to be a member of the Community Care Team for Washington Apartments or Swindoll Tower, please complete the application by clicking the link below.
We are looking for up to 10 Community Care Team members for each building (not limited to one per floor).
Applications for the Fall 2022 Community Care Team are now open!