Billy Graham Scholar's Program
The Billy Graham Scholar’s Program at Dallas Theological Seminary supports seminary study for men and women in Christian evangelistic ministry training for the cause of evangelism worldwide. This scholarship is for those committed to full-time Christian service in evangelism as preparation for effective ministry.
Benefits of the Billy Graham Scholar's Program
- $1,000 scholarship per year applied directly to Dallas Theological Seminary costs.
- An opportunity to visit the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association Headquarters, Billy Graham Library, Billy Kim Hall, and the Billy Graham Archive Center in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- An invitation to an Evangelism Intensive (previously known as School of Evangelism).
Clear Christian testimony
- Daily walk with Christ.
- Man or woman of prayer.
- Commit to abide by the biblical ministry principles of the Billy Graham Team, aka Modesto Manifesto.
- Never meet with the opposite sex alone (always have an accompanying individual).
- Never talk negatively in public about another minister or ministry.
- Tell the “truth”, whether good or bad.
- Godly in conduct.
Called of God to evangelism
- Committed to evangelism in the manner of Billy Graham. Following in the footsteps of the evangelist, as Billy Graham did in the context of today.
- Displays fervency to make Christ known and share the Gospel.
- Able communicator of the gospel, whether personally, from the pulpit, or in small groups.
- Committed to reaching the lost domestically or globally.
Personal biblical attributes
- Has integrity
- Focused on calling
- Led by God –Willing to pay the price of ministry as the Lord leads
Committed to the local church
- Active member in good standing with a local church.
- The talents and training of the applicant have positioned him/her to make a significant contribution to the development and growth of the church of Jesus Christ.
A capable student with high marks
- Skills and experiences have adequately prepared him/her for study at Dallas Theological Seminary.
- Completed at least 24 credit hours at Dallas Theological Seminary prior to applying.
- 3.0 GPA while at Dallas Theological Seminary.
- Good potential for long-term investment in the ministry context.
- Exhibits the potential for strategic ministry and/or leadership.