Support and Help
DTS Email Account
Logos Bible Software
Technology You Need for Seminary
To have a successful educational experience either on campus or online, students need access to particular technology and working technological skill.
- Desktop Computer – a tablet may be sufficient for some tasks, but every student needs access to a reasonably up-to-date desktop or laptop computer.
- Web Camera and Microphone – for online and distance courses, students need a machine capable of running web conferencing software.
- Internet Connection – for online courses, students need a reliable internet connection with at least 1.5 Mbps download speed.
Software and Skills
- Word processor – for writing papers, DTS students need access to a program such as Microsoft Word (included with @dallasseminary.edu), Apple Pages, or Google Docs.
- Chrome Web Browser – students may use a variety of web browsers, but we have found Google Chrome to be the most reliable.
- Technology Skills – all students will write research papers at some point in their degree program. Those taking online courses also need to use video recording, engage in discussion groups, and learn other technological skills.