To setup your Microsoft 365 account for the first time, so you can access your FirstNameLastName@DallasSeminary.edu email address and apps like Microsoft Word, follow these instructions.
- Go to office.com and click [Sign In].
(If you have another Microsoft 365 account, make sure to logout first).
- Enter your ‘@dallasseminary.edu’ address: FirstNameLastName@dallasseminary.edu (example: John Goodman would have the email firstname.lastname@example.org).Click [Next]
- Click Forgot my password link.
- Enter your FirstNameLastName@dallasseminary.edu email again and the security letter, and then click [Next]
- Click the [Email] button.
- Microsoft will send a verification code to your personal email (e.g., email@example.com). Go to your email to find the code and then enter it and press [Next]
- Choose a new password and reenter it, then click [Finish].
- Follow the click here link.
- Sign in with your new password.
When you sign in to your @dallasseminary.edu Microsoft account, there will be an addition verification after your password, using either
- Phone call – Microsoft will all your phone to give you a code
- Authenticator app – You can confirm your login by clicking a button in an app.
- Select Authentication phone from the dropdown, select your country or region, enter your phone number (e.g., 555-867-5309), then click [Next].
- Microsoft will call your phone. Follow the instructions provided during the call to verify your phone number. Check the “Don’t ask again for 14 days”
- Select Mobile app from the dropdown list. Select “Receive notifications for verification” and click [Set up].
- Follow the instructions on the next step.
Download the Microsoft Authenticator app (Android, iPhone/iOS)
Open the all and select “Work or School Account”
Scan the QR code on screen
- Click [Done]
The final step is to login one more time and verify your information.
- Click [Next], then [Re-enter my password]
- Enter your password and click [Sign in]
- Verify your Authentication Phone and verify your Authentication Email (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org).
- You did it! This is the Office.com home screen.
- From here, you can use Office apps online, or [Install Office] on your computer, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneDrive, and Teams.