We are so excited to hear of your interest in Dallas Theological Seminary! Below is some information that we feel would be very helpful for you as you begin the process.
- Four year bachelor’s degree: Official transcripts translated into English are required from every school at which you completed at least twelve credit hours. Please do not send your only copy of a transcript, as we destroy an applicant’s transcript three months after it is processed. Note: Your transcript must be a paper copy that is sent by your school’s registrar in a sealed envelope. We cannot accept electronic transcripts from international institutions.
- TOEFL/IELTS scores: Satisfactory scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) are required for consideration of your application. Please make plans to take the TOEFL early in the application process.
- ISSUANCE OF IMMIGRATION FORMS – Once you have received your immigration forms, you can apply for your visa.
- VISA INTERVIEW IN YOUR HOME COUNTRY – Contact your local consulate to set up a visa interview
When your visa is approved, move to Phase 3.
- APPLY FOR HOUSING – Contact the Housing and Relocation Office at email@example.com
- SCHEDULE TRAVEL TO DALLAS – Once you have acquired housing and booked your flight to Dallas, you will submit an arrival form with this information on it to International Student Development.
When you have housing and your flight to Dallas booked, you can move to Phase 4.
- ATTEND INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ORIENTATION – International Student Orientation is mandatory for all incoming international students and their spouses. This is typically held the Monday before classes begin during the fall or the spring semester.
- SUBMIT FINAL DOCUMENTS – Submit the results of your tuberculosis test and other final documents to International Student Development.
- BEGIN CLASSES – You are now ready to begin classes!